Humbled Housewife

Friday, February 7, 2014

Crock Pot Beef Stew

It has been snowing for days!!  It's been cold and wet and all I've wanted to cook is comfort foods.  Needless to say, I am loving my crock pot this week! ☺
 
Today it's beef stew!
 
Ingredients
 
carrots
celery
potatoes
1 onion (optional)
1-1 1/2 lbs. stew meat
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 can of tomato soup
1 envelope of dry onion soup mix
 
 

 
Spray the inside of the crock pot with a non-stick cooking spray.
 
Cut the vegetables into bite size pieces and layer at least one cup of each in the crock pot.  I almost always put an onion in my stew, but this recipe has onion soup mix already so it's your choice.
 


 
 
In a skillet, brown the sides of the stew meat in butter or oil.  I sprinkle about a tablespoon of flour over the meat while it's browning.  Once the sides are brown (the center should still be pink), place the meat over the vegetables in the crock pot.
 
 
 
In a separate bowl, combine the soups and soup mix and stir well.  Pour over the meat and spread it around.
 
 
 


Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on low.  It smells delicious!
 
 
Stir and serve with crackers or bread. 
 
 
Enjoy!
 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to testify of the good work of Dr Agbomina , I Suffer from Herpes virus since 2010 and i had frequent symptoms in my private area, after some time it will go away after using acyclovir drugs, then come back after some months. it was disheartening since i have been diagnosed, but after finding Dr Agbomina and his reviews i was convinced that he will definitely cure me and so i contacted and he told me how to get his medicine and using it for just 14 days and i will go and check up and first i said how can that be possible but i used his herbal medicine after making purchase and truly i used it and went for the test again, and my result came back negative. so i made it a task to share this good testimony in the internet so that those sick can benefit and get cured. What app or call: +2349039139161 Or Email: dragbonherbalmedicine@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete